Parajumpers Denali Jacket Dam on g>Electrodeless Induction Lighting
The basic technology for induction lamps is not all that new. The principle of induction lighting was demonstrated around 1890 by scientist Nicola Tesla who created lamps which were powered wireless in his laboratory in lamps are comparable with fluorescent-lighting due to the fact that they both use gas, which once ‘activated’, reacts with phosphor in glass housings and produces white light. Contrary to fluorescent lamps, induction lamps have a life span of approximately 100,000 hours! This is due to the fact that fluorescent-lamps make use of electrodes, which fail relatively easily. Induction lamps work on the principle of induction (energy transfer by means of a magnetic field). Consider it as wireless lighting.
How do induction lamps work?
Based on the above mentioned principles, light can be generated with simple magnetism. Electromagnetic transformers, which consist of cores with metal coils, by use of a low-frequency create an electromagnetic field around a glass tube which contains gas. The discharge, caused by the coils, causes the acceleration of free electrons which collide with mercury atoms and activate the electrons. If the activated electrons of this higher energy-situation fall back to a lower stable level, they produce ultraviolet radiation. The UV-radiation is converted into visible light by a phosphor coating on the surface of the glass tube. The round continuous shape of the glass of an induction lamp maximises the efficiency of the energy fields generated.
Although being a breakthrough in science in the field of lighting, induction lighting has not been commercially viable until recently. However, recently several barriers have been overcome and costs have decreased. Technological setbacks, such as EMC-distortion, low lumen output as well as the lack of a possibility to dim have been overcome. Nowadays, the clear advantage of induction lighting as well as its attractive price ensures that it is the ideal choice to replace several traditional light sources.
Cleanwatt induction High Bay range
Cleanwatt induction floodlight range
- Low power consumption. Energy savings of 50% and more, compared to conventional lighting, are possible.
- Very long life span. With a life span of up to 100,000 hours, the costs of replacement, purchasing, logistics, warehousing, etc. . can be reduced.
- Maintenance costs. Expensive maintenance contracts for replacing traditional lighting and ballasts can be suspended. Especially at hard to reach places in factories and other high areas these costs can be considerable.
- Sensitive parts. Due to the absence of sensitive parts such as incandescent light wires and electrodes, induction lamps are much less sensitive to failure.
- Warmth. Induction lamps develop very little warmth.
- Colour rendering. A high colour rendering-index (CRI) is essential for visibility, safety, and comfort. Induction lamps have a natural light colour with a CRI value of 82 or higher.
- Switching on and off. Induction lamps can be switched on and off instantly and have no warming-up or cooling down period.
- Ignition at low temperatures. Induction lamps can be ignited without problems or loss in light output at temperatures as low as minus 40 degrees Celsius.
- Flickering and blinding. Induction lamps do not flicker and have minimal glare. This improves productivity and decreases the chance of headache or dazzle.
- Hum. Induction lamps do not hum and therefore they are very comfortable.
- Environmentally friendly, using solid amalgam which have no mercury substance
- Return on Investment. The average return on investment of an induction lamp compared to traditional lighting is around 3 years.
- Warranty. Cleanwatt provides 3 years warranty for Induction High Bay, 2 year warranty for induction floodlights
Features of Cleanwatt induction lighting
- Long life span: Average life span 80,000- 100,000 hours.
- High lumen efficiency: 80 lm/W
- Effective lumen efficiency: 130-150 lm/W
- Instant on with 60% capacity and 100 capacity within 2 mins without preheating
- High power factor: PF> 0.98
- Wide Colour temperature between 2700-6500K
- No flash and no glare: Comfortable light for the protection of sight
- Optional for dimmable down to 50%
- Non mercury